Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sitting and Waiting


Well the first treatment is coming to an end. I started things at about 8:30 and it is now nearing 2:00. The staging was positive. Stage 2, there was no presence in the bone marrow and no cancer noted within the abdomen or below. That is great! It seems we have caught it early. The treatment regimen looks to be 4 months (8 treatments) of Chemo (ABVD) and 4-6 weeks of radiation daily after the Chemo ends. I do not have any nausea yet, we will see what the weekend brings. Now is a waiting game, watching for side effects, blood level drops, and infections. It sounds like the 4 to 5 hours of Chemo is the easy part. It is the in between times where things can get "exciting"

1 comment:

  1. Maybe this will be an easier roller coaster than the one my dad was strapped into, good luck, and call me if you need something. Matter of fact, call me if you don't, matter of fact, call me and I want to get together.

    ReplyDelete